Depending on whether the commitment is over several weeks or as short as one day, volunteers may offer themselves in a variety of ways.
- One week blocks:
- volunteers can be occupied with some projects for the equivalent of four half days per week or more depending on the needs of that particular week and with the agreement of the volunteers.
- Half-days on a weekly or bi-weekly basis over a period of a few weeks:
- appropriate for teaching, tutoring, peer support meetings or events that occur once or twice a week.
- Events or one time occasions:
- might include planning, preparation for an event as well as follow-up.